bought for £5.99 (plus £7.50 postage from ebay)
Basic AV processor – provides some control over GAIN, ENHANCE (sharpness) and COLOUR and a FADER. changes can be viewed in split-screen mode. Also provides basic 3-channel audio mixing.
The controls over the image quality are basic, but maybe just enhance the ‘video’ feel – the bleeding colours when saturation is pushed right up and the sharpness is pushed to the point where it reveals colour grain and edge highlights. What may be just as useful is the 3 channel audio mixing.
• Combine voiceovers from an external microphone with rich stereo sound from any music source.
• Control video gain and/or detail to produce sharper images and better looking copies.
• Fade in and/or out of scenes for professional-looking transitions.
• Control the brightness of the entire video image to make pictures crystal clear.
• Supports: VHS, VHS-C, SVHS, SVHS-C, Video8, Hi8.
• Features DNRTM noise reduction system.
• Deluxe 3-channel mixer with master control creates rich stereo soundtrack.
• DNRTM noise reduction designed to reduce background hiss and other audio noise.
• Earphone jack and audio preview switch built in to monitor complete mix or individual channels one at a time.
• LEDs indicate sound recording levels.
• Fader with dual controls lets audio and video fade separately or together.
• Deluxe video enhancer provides complete control over luminance, detail and colour.
• Split screen feature allows before/after image comparison.